Monday, January 23, 2012

Car Accidents and Kittens

Car accidents happen. They seem to happen to me a lot when it snows. They seem to always happen when I am driving the truck to work on a Saturday. Snowstorms always seem to befuddle me and cause me to ignore the little voice in the back of my head that is screaming, "STAY HOME!!!  STAY HOME!!! STAY HOME!!!" So I bundle up and jump in the truck. I put it in four wheel drive and slide out of the driveway. The voice is more insistent now but I choose to ignore it because I will be out of work for quite a few weeks and I don't have the "luxury" of paid vacations and/or sick days. I have the "luxury" of being able to take the time off for surgery and not lose my job.

So here I am at home after my accident. I'm on the couch, sore as hell, tired, anxious, pissed off. I am procrastinating calling the insurance agent so I can make a claim. That is a whole lot of crap I don't feel like dealing with. I would love to be getting ready for work and my car wasn't all busted up and my neck wasn't all jacked up. I would love to be getting in some extra workouts so I could be going into my surgery Friday in optimal shape.  I hate to whine, I really do. Being negative and complaining takes up so much more energy than I care to expend.

So I am going to turn this around. I am taking that negative energy and pushing it away. I want it to dissipate out into the universe. I am going to sit here and breathe and set a positive intention for the day. If I can't psychically be in amazing shape, at least mentally I can be in a better, more balanced, place. If breathing doesn't help maybe these cute pictures of kittens will. xo


1 comment: