Friday, February 17, 2012

Oh This Week!!

This week has been both so awesome and so much of a shit show. I'm exhausted just thinking about the last five days. I was hoping to have a quiet, relaxing, last week before I headed back to work. But things have a way of getting screwed up, don't they?

Monday was every one's favorite holiday, MY BIRTHDAY. I turned 35 (!!!!!) and spent the day watching the kind of movies that Paul hates and that I can't watch with the kids (oh Breaking Dawn Part 1, how do I love thee!). We went to eat at one of the tastiest restaurants on the East Coast (http://www.gibbethillgrill.com/) and I had some of my favorite dishes. The grilled cheese appetizer comes with tomato soup and it will knock your socks right off. The meatloaf, oh the meatloaf!!! I can't tell you how much I love it! But the creme brulee will make you weep in your ramekin. They had a coffee creme brulee on Monday and let's just say if I could have married it, had its babies and then ate our offspring I would have. I got some great presents.  Paulie and the kids got me a gift card to Victoria's Secret to buy some new tiny bras. And the kicker...my children were well behaved the entire time!


Tuesday was Valentine's Day, which is MY favorite holiday. I had a great day filled with new experiences. But seriously? Any holiday that involves chocolate and flowers? Sign me up twice.


So Wednesday my love fest came crashing down. Lucie was sick and stayed home with me. We snuggled and she coughed all over me. That night I found out that my manager at the salon was unjustly fired, opening up Pandora's Box. Thursday was no better. Lulu was still sick and she missed her school field trip, which at 8 years old, is completely devastating. Colin had therapy but due to a few mess ups in the office with scheduling he didn't get his session. And then the Celtics lost. Damn you Chi-town. Damn you.


So this all leads us to today. Lulu is still home sick and Colin came home from school a half an hour after he started. More salon drama and...my mother called. There was a two hour period this morning when I thought that there was a very good chance my brain might have exploded. But on a positive note, today is the three week mark since my surgery. I am feeling good. I had a small mourning period there for a few days but now I love the girls. I kinda think they are perfect. I am going out tonight to get some fresh air, buy some smaller shirts, and watch Channing Tatum take his shirt off in The Vow.


So if I am a bitch tomorrow please know that it isn't most of you and Sunday is the start of a new week. I promise it will be rainbows and kittens, or at least clear skies and cute adult cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment